The French expression “avoir du pain sur la planche” translates literally to “to have bread on the board”.
- to have a lot on your plate
- to have a lot to do
- to have your work cut out for you
- to be snowed under with work
- to have your hands full
- avoir beaucoup de travail à faire – to have a lot of work to do
- avoir beaucoup de tâches à accomplir – to have a lot of tasks to accomplish
- Désolé, je ne peux pas te rejoindre ce soir. J’ai du pain sur la planche. Sorry, I cannot join you tonight. I have a lot of my plate.