The French expression “veiller au grain” translates literally to “to watch out for the squall. “Veiller” means “to keep an eye out for” and “grain” translates to be seed or grain as well as squall.
- to look out for problems
- to keep an eye out
- to keep a weather-eye open
- surveiller – to watch for, to monitor
- prévoir et prévenir le danger – to foresee and prevent danger
- Pour le moment tout se passe bien mais on doit continuer à veiller au grain. For now everything is going well but one has to continue looking out for problems.
- faire attention à – to pay attention to
- garder un œil sur – to keep an eye on
- guetter – to watch out for somebody/something