Bonjour et bienvenue! Hello and welcome to French Learner! My name is David Issokson. My biggest passion in life is the French language! You can read more about me here.
Our aim is to help you learn French. We offer lots of lessons covering basic French vocabulary, verbs and phrases. We also offer extensive content covering French culture.
Suggested: subscribe to our newsletter!
The best way to get notifications of our latest content and highlights of our best posts is to sign up for our newsletter. We guarantee that the content you receive will be helpful, fun and useful!
Follow on social media
One of the easiest ways to get updates on our latest content is to follow us on social media:
Read our blog!
This is a link to our blog. Every time we publish a new post it will appear at the top of this page!
Start with the basics
One great idea is to simply start with the basics. If you’re brand new to learning French, the following posts are some great places to start!
- French reading rules (an absolute MUST for learning French)
- 30 French greetings for survival in France
- French numbers 1-100 (with audio)
- French alphabet (with audio)
- Guide to verb tenses (which ones should I learn?)
- Most commonly used French verb (another great starting point)
- How to conjugate être (to be) – most important verb in French
- French vocabulary: Page containing 100+ vocab lists
- French grammar lessons (great jumping off point for grammar)
Tools to get started
This blog post discusses 10 tools to get started learning French and another wonderful jumping off point for beginners!
Check out our song lyrics posts
We offer some of the best content online for learning French with song lyrics. We don’t just translate the songs. We analyze each line and explain all the vocabulary and grammar of the song. Here are a few fun and famous songs to get started:
- La Vie En Rose (Edith Piaf)
- Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien (Edith Piaf)
- C’est Si Bon (Yves Montand)
- Ne Me Quitte Pas (Jacques Brel)
- Les Champs Élysées (Joe Dassin)
- La Mer (Charles Trenet)
Do you like top-10 lists? We offer a ton of really fun France-related lists!
- 26 Most Famous French People
- 10 Most Famous French Actors
- 10 Most Famous Actresses
- 16 Most Famous French Authors
- 12 Most Famous French Painters
- 12 Most Famous French Male Singers
- 20 Most Famous French Female Singers
We’ve reviewed the most popular apps for learning French. All of the reviews present the the products and offer honest opinions. We think these kinds of apps are great places to start for beginners. Learn about:
- À Moi Paris Review (strongly recommended)
- French Verb Drills Review
- Rosetta Stone French
- Pimsleur French
- Babbel French